God  our Guide  

CIDP info
Anti-inflammatory Diet
Burning  Feet Home
Services Page
Chronic Fatigue
Autoimmune diseases
Bible healing
Celiac disease
 Hearing Loss

New AIED Treatment

Autoimmune EAR

Autoimmune AEID

Treating AEID


Massage back

Hearing Loss


Autoimmune self attack

What is autoimmune

Natural Makeup
Cancer & Lipstick
Magic cleaner
Mercury in makeup
Toxic Lipstick
Hair chemicals
Toxic Baby products
Toxic calcium
Chemicals in soap
Kitchen toxins
Sesame Seed Oil
Oil pulling
Bras cause breast cancer
Skin repair Clinic
Nail Fungus
Toxic Lipstick



   Autoimmune  Hearing disorder
  All Natural treatments for all diseases please read this link  

Contact is through services section
Please click the +1 button if you like this page Thanks
 Autoimmune disorder of EAR -2



Sam J. Marzo, M.D.
Assistant Professor

Department of Otolaryngology B Head and Neck Surgery
Loyola University

Return to page -1 of ear disorders

Vestibular Neuronitis (VN):

The second most common cause of vertigo is Vestibular Neuronitis (VN). This is characterized by the acute onset of vertigo sometimes associated with nausea, and vomiting lasting hours or even days. There can be hearing loss also, in which case the condition is termed "labyrinthitis." The vertigo usually dissipates over several days, and imbalance can then persist for several weeks or months as recovery ensues. VN is believed to be secondary to a viral inflammation of the peripheral vestibular system. In half of all cases, there has been a recent upper respiratory infection. The disease is usually self-limiting.

Meniere’s Disease (MD):

The third most common cause of vertigo is Meniere’s Disease (MD). Meniere’s disease is characterized by recurring attacks of vertigo lasting approximately thirty minutes. Meniere’s Disease is associated with unilateral hearing fluctuation, aural pressure, and tinnitus. In 30% of cases, Meniere’s disease is bilateral. Roughly 80% of patients with Meniere’s disease do well with medical therapy. Medical therapy includes a low salt diet (less than 2000 milligrams of sodium/day), a potassium-sparing diuretic, and sometimes vestibular suppressants. The other 20% of patients with refractory vertigo secondary to Meniere’s disease can likely benefit from surgical therapy.

It is well know that certain aminoglycoside antibiotics are "ototoxic", toxic to the cochlear and vestibular systems. Intramuscular streptomycin was found to be effective in relieving vertigo for some patients with bilateral Meniere’s disease. Although many patients receiving intramuscular streptomycin had relief of vertigo, some patients developed vestibular toxicity. The vestibular toxicity manifested as oscillopsia (defined as the vertical movement of the horizon when walking), ataxia, and imbalance in dark spaces (i.e., when visual information available was limited or non-existent) or when navigating uneven terrain. To decrease these systemic side effects, streptomycin (and later gentamicin) was administered to the inner ear via a transtympanic approach with promising results.

With the success of intratympanic gentamicin therapy for Meniere’s disease, steroid therapy was later introduced. Intratympanic steroids were later applied favorably to patients with sudden sensorineural hearing loss (1). Since then, several administration systems have been developed (2). Intratympanic therapy has its origins in the medical treatment of Meniere’s disease.

continued to inner ear page


             Shifa     Rheumatoid story