1. Heat damage
Caused by too much blow-drying and straightening. If you need to blow-dry your hair into style, try to wash it less often. That way you won't need to blow-dry as often. Towel dry your hair before blasting and invest in a deep conditioning treatment and use it fortnightly. Try wearing your hair back at least once a week to give it a break. Get your hair trimmed regularly to remove split ends, and keep the hairdryer at least 6 inches from your head when drying.
2. Horrible cut
If you didn't complain at the time and get them to fix it, you can do one of two things:
Accept it - wear it up/ back or under a scarf, hat or wig until it grows out,
Get it cut again - Go to another salon (if you are rich) or a model cut (if you are not) and get them to fix the cut for you.
Whatever you do, make sure the stylist does what you ask next time.
3. Home dying disaster
- It's gone green: or pink or any colour it shouldn't have. This is a job for the pros. If you've not got the cash for them then try getting an appointment for a model colour at a reputable hairstylist. They are usually free/cheap but do mention your problem when you ring up, as some may not help you. If it's chlorine that's made it green, ask your chemist for a chlorine removing shampoo, and try wearing a swimming hat in the future.
4. Poodle locks (bad perms)
- It didn't take: probably due to incorrect processing. Wait a few days, then go to a professional and get a hair analysis before getting a re-perm.
- I look like a poodle: Comb conditioner from roots to ends on frizzy tight curls ASAP, wait five minutes then rinse it off. Set your hair on large rollers and let it dry naturally. If this doesn't work, go to a salon that offers the reverse perm.
5. It just won't behave
There is no way it's going to look like you stepped out of a salon today, so either go for a hat or headscarf or do the following:
- Long: Smooth some de-frizz serum in it and pull it back into a tight ponytail, plait or bun depending on how bad it's being
- Short: Either throw some wax in it and carry off the ultimate bed head style or twist sections and clip them in place. If it's long enough you could plait it anyway you like.......
Get Ready Now to Make Fashion Work for You All Year!
Learn some basic things you can do in your closet and at all the mall to get your wardrobe on track for the coming year.
If one of your New Year's Resolutions is to look better, fashion is a great way to achieve that. Going through your closet, learning what works for you, and following through will help you feel better about yourself in the coming year. Here are some tips to follow to make your resolution a success.
- Begin the work at home.Clean out your closet and drawers. Go through everything you own and separate it into what you will keep, what you will throw away, and what you will give away. Purging your closet will likely give you a lift – you are no longer saddled with clothes you never wear. When deciding what to keep and what to get rid of, ask yourself some basic questions:Do I love it? Does it fit me? Does it look good on me? Does it make me feel good about myself? Am I comfortable in it? You want to be able to answer yes to all the questions. You don't want clothes that make you feel self conscious or cause you to always be yanking at the hem line or itching your arms.
- Once you have purged your wardrobe, organize your closet and drawers. Put clothes in logical groups. Sweaters in one section, summer shirts in another, winter shoes near the sweaters, and so on. And in your drawers, separate out your underwear from your bras and socks. It seems common sense, but many people simply toss in their clothes after washing and then struggle to find what they want when they are in the morning crunch time trying to get dressed.
- After your home is organized, do some research to discover what looks best on your body type. Look at styles in fashion magazines and online, or go to a department store and enlist the help of a personal shopper. Identify what type of body you have (straight, apple, pear, hourglass) and then find out what cuts of fabric do the most for you. For example, women with broad shoulders should avoid wide-collared shirts or short puffy sleeves. This will help you while you are shopping to quickly limit down the choices.
These tips can help you not just begin a new year but any time you want to make a fresh start with your clothing.
Healthy skin is the result of several factors: a healthy diet, right amount of exercise, good skin care practices, a positive outlook, and a relaxed mind. Lots of people at present are conscious of their health and are deciding on using the natural approach in dealing with their health issues. They are now making their own personalized products to treat and take care of their skin. They make use of organic materials to mix their own skin solutions. Actually, it is to their advantage that they are the ones to make them because at least they know what goes in it and how their skin reacts to those ingredients. There are several products in the market that causes an allergic reaction on the skin, and even costs really high. By creating your own product, you lessen the risk of allergy formation as well as save money.
Eating a healthy diet is also vital to having radiant skin. You should at least eat five servings of fruit and vegetable everyday to cleanse the body of toxins that may affect your metabolism. There are a lot of fruits and vegetables to choose from, each with their own contribution. If you are not used to eating these kinds of food, you can try to look for one that appeals to your palate.
Drinking water is also important to keep the skin healthy, supple and soft. Almost all natural skin care recipes require water for externally cleaning the skin and for regular consumption. It helps a lot when the required amount of water, about eight glasses a day, is followed. After using this therapy for several days, you will be noticing differences in the way your skin feels and how your body functions.
Drinking an herb based tea can help hydrate the skin and at the same time get your daily requirement of vitamins and minerals. There are several examples of teas that greatly promote healthy skin and body function. The examples are black alder, used for skin eruptions, bergamot tea which cleanses the body system, burdock, dandelion, horsetail, nettles, oat straw, sarsaparilla, stevia, and yellow dock.
Regular exercise enhances blood circulation necessary to maintain healthy skin. Most people find exercise to be a burden. Try to look for a type of exercise that you can enjoy doing since it will be easier for you to do it regularly. Exercise also relieves stress and helps in having a healthy mental disposition. These are the all ingredients you need for better looking skin.
Consider a wedding with a black and gold theme to it. Stunning, dazzling and very elegant, it's a wonderful choice of colors with many decorating options.
Wedding AttireBride's Attire
There is no fast rule that says you have to wear white. In fact, up until the time of Queen Victoria, nobody wore white as a wedding dress! Instead, choose a beautiful satin gown in gold. Keep it simple and elegant. Accent the gown with simple gold jewelry and a gold tiara instead of a veil.