1. They are high in vitamin B6. which reduces homocysteine in our bodies. Homocysteine has been linked to heart disease.
2. They are a good source of vitamin C. It helps accelerate wound healing, produces collagen which helps maintain skinís youthful elasticity, and is essen≠tial to helping us cope with stress. It even appears to help protect our body against toxins that may be linked to cancer.
3. They contain Vitamin D which is critical for immune system and overall health at this time of year. Vitamin D plays an important role in our energy levels, moods, and helps to build healthy bones, heart, nerves, skin, and teeth, and it supports the thyroid gland.
4. Sweet potatoes contain iron. Most people are aware that we need the mineral iron to have adequate energy, but iron plays other important roles in our body, including red and white blood cell production, resistance to stress, proper im≠mune functioning, and the metabolizing of protein, among other things.
5. Sweet potatoes are a good source of mag≠nesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral. Magnesium is necessary for healthy artery, blood, bone, heart, muscle, and nerve function, yet experts estimate that approximately 80 percent of the popula≠tion in North America may be deficient in this important mineral.
continued to SWEET POTATOES HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT