| || |
All diseases are autoimmune permanently treatable please read our e-book .
Special GoogleHealth SearchVitamins
Kidney Disease rates Rising — How to Avoid It
Kidney disease is now more common than diabetes, thanks to the growing number of people with high blood pressure, diabetes, and those on multiple medicines that stress the organs. It can eventually cause its victims to spend hours each week hooked up to a dialysis machine or to get a kidney transplant. Even mild kidney disease can contribute to osteoporosis, anemia, deterioration in heart function and premature death.
Kidney disease can be a stealthy killer, slowly damaging organs over many years before causing recognizable symptoms.
Fortunately, you can take steps to forestall, or slow, kidney disease:
- Control high blood pressure and diabetes. Lowering both can cut the risk of kidney disease.
- If you have diabetes, take ACE inhibitors (Prinivil, Zestril) or ARBs (Atacand) to protect your kidneys.
- Don’t take medications, especially pain relievers, in high doses each day. Ibuprofen (Advil), naproxen (Aleve), can be especially damaging to kidneys. In rare cases, some statin drugs such as atorvastatin (Lipitor) and lovastatin (Mevacor) can harm muscles which then release a protein that harms kidneys.
- When taking any medicine, follow all instructions carefully.
- Inform your doctor of all medicines you take on a regular basis, including supplements.
- Prevent kidney stones, which can damage kidneys in addition to being extremely painful, by drinking liquids, especially water. Avoid excess colas, which may help stones form.
- Cut down on salt. Kidney damage reduces the kidneys’ ability to excrete salt. Reducing salt also lowers blood pressure.
- Keep your weight in check. If you have kidney disease, being overweight increases the risk of kidney failure two to five times faster than those of normal weight.
- Limit your intake of protein. Too much protein can stress already burdened kidneys.
- Be aware of a change in urine. If your urine becomes pink, red or brown in color, dark, orremeber Prinivil, Zestril , avoid statin drugs
- Best drink more water, avoid Cola drinks specially the diet ones