1. Take a tiny piece of jaggery (gur) molasses every hour. Just keep it in the
mouth and slowly suck it till acidity subsides.
2. Drink coconut water 3-4 times a day. Have a plateful of watermelon
(tarbooz) and/or cucumber (kheera) every hour.
3. Harad juice, 1-2 teaspoon daily after meals is very effective in
controlling acidity. The juice can be mixed with an equal amount of amla
juice for better results. To take out amla juice, grate an amla and squeeze
the pulp through a clean muslin cloth to get juice.
4. Chewing a piece of harad is an age old remedy.
1. Clean face with cotton wool dipped in rose water 2-3 times a day.
Do not use soap.
2. Orange peel is very good in the treatment of acne. Grind the peel
with some water to a paste and apply on affected parts. when oranges are not
in season, you may use a powder of dried orange peels. For this, when
oranges are in season, dry orange peels in shade. Powder finely in a grinder
and sift it to make it a very fine powder. Store in an air tight bottle for
3. Mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice in 1 teaspoon finely ground cinnamon
(dalchini) powder and apply on affected areas frequently. Sift the cinnamon
(dalchini) powder to make it into a very fine powder.
4. Crush a garlic (lasan) flakes and apply on the face, once or
twice a day. Swallowing 1-2 flakes of garlic regularly helps further.
5. Grind some neem leaves with water to a fine paste. Apply on
6. Make a paste of teaspoon each of sandalwood and turmeric (haldi)
powder in a little water and apply.
7. Grind some black cumin seeds (shah jeera) with a little vinegar
(sirka) to a smooth paste. Apply on affected parts. cumin seeds
*Animal bite** *
1. Take teaspoon ground black cumin seeds (shah jeera), twice daily.
Ankle - swelling & pain
2. Mix equal quantities of castor oil and lime juice. Massage the
affected area with this mixture. Also drink 1 cup warm water mixed with lime
juice and honey.
*Appetite** loss (anorexia) *
1. Mix and powder equal quantities of carom seeds (ajwain), fennel
seeds (saunf), dried ginger powder (sonth), salt and black cumin seeds (shah
jeera).Mix a teaspoon of this powder and a teaspoon of hot ghee to cooked
rice and eat frequently.
2. Take 2 teaspoon of amla juice and mix it with 2 teaspoon honey and
2 teaspoon lime juice. Add 1 cup water and drink on an empty stomach every
morning. To take out juice from fresh amla, remove seeds from fresh amla and
grind the pulp into a fine paste. Tie it in a muslin cloth and squeeze out
the juice. whenever fresh fruits are not available, dried amla can be used.
Soak 1 tablespoon of dried amla at night in a cup of water. Strain it the
next morning. Add 1/8 teaspoon black pepper powder (kali Mirch) and 2
teaspoon lime juice. Dilute it if necessary with water and drink every
morning regularly on an empty stomach.
3. Take teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch) and 1 tablespoon
jaggery powder (shakkar) mixed together. Kali mirch
4. Cut 1" piece ginger (adrak) into small pieces. Add 1 cups of
water. Boil. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add milk and sugar to taste, and take
it frequently like tea.
Please go to next page for Asthma, Baldness and skin diseases